I am so thankful for so many things, but one of my friends told me that her sister’s pastor had encouraged their church to be thankful for the character traits of God. So in honor of the One who made today possible, I just wanted to sneak on here during nap time to list just a few of the things that I love about my Savior.
1. He is merciful. “The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against Him” (Dan. 9:9).
2. He is loving. “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (Jn. 3:16).
3. He is faithful. “Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning” (Lam. 3:23).
4. He is just. “God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with His powerful angels. 8He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His might 10on the day He comes to be glorified in His holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you” (2 Thess. 1:6-10).
5. He is holy. “The Lord is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works” (Ps. 145:17).
6. He is God. “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Is. 9:6).
7. He is unchanging. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Heb. 13:8).
8. He is one-of-a-kind. “Therefore you are great, O Lord God. For there is none like You, and there is no God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears” (2 Sam. 7:22).
9. He is omnipresent. “‘Am I a God at hand,’ declares the Lord, ‘and not a God far away?'” (Jer. 23:23).
10. He is good. “Oh, how abundant is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You and worked for those who take refuge in You, in the sight of the children of mankind!” (Ps. 31:19).
“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name” (Ps. 103:1).